This position is a 0.8 FTE dedicated to Wound Medicine and will be responsible for direct patient care and also serve as the medical lead for an assigned geographic location of the M Health Fairview's system within the Minneapolis-St. Paul Metro area. The medical lead will work with an administrative partner to provide leadership for a designated wound care team including but not limited APPs, RNs, CMAs. This role will report to the M Health Fairview System Wound Care Medical Director.
The Wound Medicine trained physician will be an integral team member in the development and implementation of a wound care service line in the M Health Fairview Care system. The ultimate goal is to provide exceptional care for the complex wound patient across the full continuum of health care settings in the system. The Wound Medicine trained physician role will be starting mainly in the outpatient wound clinic setting and will encompass a full spectrum of wound care including, but not limited to: prevention, health maintenance, therapeutic intervention and rehabilitation plan, consultation, treatment of acute and/or chronic wounds, wound debridement, monitoring of wound and patient response to treatment, and assuring implementation of quality improvement measures to optimize skin and wound outcomes.
Key Responsibilities Include
• Consults with patients to determine the appropriate course of treatment
• Perform medical procedures as necessary
• Coordinating communication and therapy among the team of wound care specialists
• Assess patient health through interviews and physical examinations.
• Ordering/ interpreting/ monitoring diagnostic tests on the medical condition to determine the diagnosis
• Prescribe medications and treatments plans for complex wounds
• Facilitate referrals to other healthcare professionals and medical facilities
• Attends Leadership meetings as deemed necessary
• Acquires the necessary physician board wound care certification (ABWMS) within one year from hire and maintains ongoing certification status.
Expertise, Credentials, And Qualifications
Expertise should be comprised of a medical degree, direct wound care experience and an understanding of the business side of health care. Seeking an individual who understands the challenges posed for patients afflicted with compromised skin integrity. The individual is able to eliminate and/or minimize real and perceived barriers to engaging leadership in the pursuit of shared strategic and financial goals and developing, implementing, and continuously improving the organization's long-term and short-term business objectives, goals, and intentions.
• Medical Doctor (MD), Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)
• Current Medical License
• Board Certification or board eligible with the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS). If not yet certified in Wound Care, the expectation is to acquire Wound Care certification within one year from hire.
• 3 + Years of Direct Wound Care experience as a physician, surgeon or other medical fields based around wound care
• Advanced knowledge of wound care diagnosis, treatment and dressing management • Good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program. M Health And Clinical Partnerships
University of Minnesota Physicians is a premier physician organization dedicated to providing comprehensive, patient-focused specialty care in more than 100 specialty and subspecialty areas. Established in 1997, we have the widest range of specialists in the greater Twin Cities area with more than 850 physicians and 1,600 health professionals. From the classroom to the clinic, we are driven to be the leaders in patient cures and care.