Assists the Principal Investigator with grant and manuscript preparation. Independently carry out and design highly sophisticated and independent experiments. Mentor and train graduate students and post doctoral fellow in developing their research projects.
Independently oversee research projects and perform near to totally independent research.
Supervise, plan, design and implement research projects
oEstablish highly complex protocol(s); define data collection, evaluation and analysis procedures
Exercise discretion and independent judgment to develop methods and procedures for operation of complex scientific equipment
Supervise set-up and operation of various scientific experiments involving complex apparatus and equipment
Contribute to research so as to merit serving as author or co-author on research publications, etc.
Assist principal investigator in writing research grants and contract proposals
Assists PI in manuscript preparation for scientific journals.
Present research findings as needed
Responsible for plan and coordination of literature and library searches and data collection programs
Develop reports of results, graphs, charts, tables, etc. of research findings
Supervise writing, reviewing and editing of various materials for publication
Provide supervisory responsibility to staff
Mentor and teach graduate students and post doctoral fellows in developing their projects and on specific techniques and protocols.
Train and supervise technical staff, medical and graduate students
Provide technical guidance to students, pos-doctoral fellows and faculty as required
May provide budget responsibility
Make recommendations to principal investigator regarding staff, supply and equipment needs for research projects
May monitor expenditures of funds
Maintain open communication between department and others
Open contact as needed with principal investigator, collaborating professionals, Purchasing, Human Resource Services, Space and Facilities Planning, asset management personnel, Environmental Health and Safety, Institutional Review Board staff, administrative staff relating to budget capabilities
Contact as required with sponsoring agencies and/or cooperating facilities (e.g. V.A.), collaborating professionals and vendors
* Doctorate/ PhD (or equivalent experience ) required and 2 years experience
* Day Shift/ Exempt Position
* Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center (VICC) is a leader in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer. The centers world-renowned team of experts provides a integrated, personalized and patient-centered approach to cancer care, including treatment, research, support, education and outreach. From a wide variety of wellness programs to a leading REACH for Survivorship Clinic, patients find support from diagnosis through survivorship. VICC is a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, one of just two centers in Tennessee and 50 in the country to earn this highest distinction, and ranks in the top 10 nationwide for cancer research grant support. Here is a link to our website - http://www.vicc.org/
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center ), 9 adult and 9 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
* T ruven Health Analytics: among the top 100 hospitals in the US
* Be cker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
* The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
* National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
* Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
* Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
* American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Internal Number: 2001343
About Vanderbilt Health
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As th...e largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.