In your privotal role as Health Policy Analyst II, you will provide faculty with statistical analyses, graphics, literature reviews, and other research assistance. You will also be responsible for providing support for complex qualitative and quantitative research projects in health care, public health, health policy, and health services research under occasional guidance.
Additionally, you will utilize intermediate level research skills to perform a variety of research and operations-related activities data management, analysis of quantitative and qualitative data (SAS, STATA, R), report preparation and management of project budgets and schedules for proposals and projects. You will need to work well with a number of faculty members, take initiative to gather suitable data to address policy questions, and complete assignments in a timely manner.
Your responsibilities will include quantitative and written data analysis on issues of current health policy interest, including health reform, Medicare/Medicaid spending and utilization patterns, health information technology, population health, and health care disparities. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
1. Coordinates research projects a. Uses quantitative and qualitative research methods skills to participate in the design, coordination and conduct of research projects b. Fosters collaboration between team members, both internal and external to the department c. May coordinate focus groups or participate in other qualitative data collection
2. Data management and analysis a. Uses advanced programming and statistical expertise to manage and analyze data b. Responsible for managing large and/or complex datasets c. Coordinates development of datasets, data cleaning, data validation, and data reporting d. Summarizes and interprets complex analyses e. Maintains detailed documentation of data management and programming codes
3. Prepares materials and drafts sections of presentations and written documents a. Prepares materials for presentations b. Organizes and formats data for presentations, publications, and internal use c. Creates charts, graphs, and tables to summarize analysis results d. Drafts section of research proposals e. Drafts technical report sections f. Contributes to peer-reviewed scientific manuscripts Minimu m Qualifications : This position requires a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 24 months of relevant experience. A Master's degree in economics, statistics, public policy, public health, or a health-related discipline is strongly preferred.
Preferred qualities and skills: * Master's level candidates are strongly encouraged to apply * Strong written and verbal communication skills * Strong quantitative, statistical and data analysis skills * Experience with STATA, SAS, or R * Self-starter with initiative and professional work style
A current resume and cover letter must be included/ uploaded in your online application to be eligible for consideration.
Additional Information : This is a full-time position.
Salary is dependent upon years of education and experience. Background screens will be performed and education will be verified prior to employment. Please be prepared to provide required information and/or documentation.
Department/Unit Summary :
Vanderbilt University's new Department of Health Policy brings together a broad group of health policy scholars devoted to developing health policy solutions that can have a profound impact. The Department builds on a history of strong collaborative relationships with the Tennessee Department of Health, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and several frontline policy makers to develop health policy solutions for our nation's most pressing health care challenges.
The combination of a major research university and preeminent medical center gives Department faculty incredible opportunities to build relationships with frontline care providers and policymakers which can lead to breakthrough discoveries. The Department fosters a deep belief that research and innovative thinking should guide health policy relationships and help policymakers understand implications. For more information, please visit https://www.vumc.org/health-policy/ .
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center :
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Becaus e we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center ), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
* Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
* Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
* The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
* National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
* Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
* Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
* American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Internal Number: 1900654
About Vanderbilt Health
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As th...e largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.