Reports clinically to the Practice Site Physician(s) and administratively to the Practice Manager/Director. Under the direction of the physician(s) is responsible for the coordination and delivery of care for CTSIT patients. Educates patients regarding health promotion, illness prevention and disease management.
1.Coordinates and provides professional medical care for SJRMC patients:
ï¿½Assessing the patientsï¿½ medical history and performing physical examinations, as appropriate for scope of service of a physician assistant.
ï¿½Evaluating and treating injuries within scope of practice for a physician assistant.
ï¿½Educating patients regarding health promotion, illness prevention and disease management.
ï¿½Documenting, coding and completing diagnosis of patientï¿½s condition to facilitate appropriate insurance reimbursement.
2.Keeps abreast of all pertinent legislation and maintains clinical expertise:
ï¿½Attending and participating in related seminars, conferences and educational offerings.
ï¿½Reading current professional medical journals.
ï¿½Developing and maintaining affiliation with professional organizations.
3.Contributes to the overall effectiveness of assigned Baptist facility:
ï¿½Assisting in planning changes in clinic/office procedures to improve the quality and delivery of health care.
ï¿½Participating in Quality Improvement programs; monitoring quality and outcomes of care rendered.
ï¿½Assisting in development and compliance of clinical protocols, policies and procedures.
ï¿½Maintaining current knowledge of all pertinent legislation and relating to physicians and staff.
ï¿½Communicating with physicians to ensure the quality and timeliness for services rendered to patients.
ï¿½Completing other job related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Requires thorough and complete understanding of medical care practices, policies and procedures in order to function in area of Cardiovascular and Thoracic surgery.
2. Demonstrates high level of analytical ability necessary to assess patients and evaluate services rendered.
3. Demonstrates well developed interpersonal skills necessary to interact in a professional manner with patients and families, physicians and other health care professionals.
4. Demonstrates excellent communication skills, both oral and written to disseminate information in a clear, concise manner.
5. Demonstrates ability to function within legal boundaries of a Physician Assistant and utilize knowledge of governing statues and rules.
6. Requires the visual and manual dexterity and physical ability to meet the essential functions of the position.Such manual dexterity requires ability to perform independently procedures as defined by supervising physician that include, but not limited to:
ï¿½Conduit procurement for coronary artery bypass surgery including: 1. endoscopic and open saphenous vein harvest, 2. endoscopic and open radial artery harvest
ï¿½Arterial line placement (radial and femoral approach)
ï¿½Central line placement
ï¿½Pulmonary artery catheter placement and monitoring
ï¿½Placement of, and removal of, intra-aortic balloon
ï¿½Placement and removal of chest tubes
And ability to competently first-assist in Cardiovascular and Thoracic operations that include:
ï¿½Thoracic Surgery: Neoplastic / Non-neoplastic lung and esophageal disease
ï¿½Cardiac, Vascular and Thoracic Trauma
ï¿½Peripheral Vascular Surgery
The minimum number of procedures required for credentialing purposes will vary based on the judgment of the supervising physician, who bears ultimate responsibility for the outcome of all procedures.
7. Demonstrates knowledge of and a commitment to Tenet Physician Resourceï¿½s values of excellence, innovation, respect and efficiency.
Performance Review and Remediation Policy
1.Bi-annual performance review will be conducted with Section Head of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery with input from supervising physician(s).
2. In the event that duties and performance criteria are not met, opportunity for remediation as deemed by the Lead PA and Section Head of the Division will be recommended.
3. Failure to meet performance expectation, despite remediation attempts, will lead to termination of duties as recommended by consensus of Section Head of the Division, supervising staff physician(s), and lead PA to Human Resources at CTSIT. Termination proceedings will be handled by Tenet Physician Resources.
Must have successfully completed a Graduate Level, accredited Physician Assistant Program approved by AMA Board of Approval and Certification of PA programs.
Must have 4 years of college level education and Bachelorï¿½s degree or equivalent.
ï¿½Licensure or eligible for licensing as a Physicianï¿½s Assistant in the State of Indiana
Primary Location: San Antonio, Texas
Facility: Staff BHS Physicians Net
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 1805045427
About Staff BHS Physicians Net
“Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.